- BIRTH. Aged 21 at marriage in 1842, son of John, minerr; aged 31 in 1851; aged 49 in 1871, born Kenwyn; aged 63 in 1881, born Kenwyn; aged 74 in 1895; born around 1818-22; baptised 3 Apr 1825 at Gwennap, son of John, miner, and Jemima, from Kenwyn;. Sources: Marriage record, censuses, death registration, REG/COPC.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn; 6 Jun 1841; at Twelveheads; aged 20, copper miner; in Jemimah Sandoe’s household. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page,
- MARR. Aged 21, miner from Three Burrows, son of John, miner; married Ophelia Pooley [1818OP01]; 10 Mar 1842 at Kenwyn; witnesses T G Hicks and Margaret Courtis; assumed registered 1842MAR Truro 9/351. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO. Children: Eliza J 1845EL01, Mariane 1848MN01, Henry 1849HE02, Elizabeth 1850EL10, Catherine 1854CA02, John 1855JN01, Josiah 1857JH01, John 1859JN03. Grandchildren: John H 1865JN02, Mary Ann 1868MY04.
- CENSUS. St Allen, 30 Mar 1851; at Battens; head, aged 31; lead miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Fillie 33; children Elizabeth Jane 8, Mary Anne 6, Henry 2, Eliza 4m. Sources: 1851 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Sandow; Newlyn 5 Apr 1861; at Churchtown; head, aged 42; lead miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Ophelia 45, and seven children. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Sandow, Mount Hawke; 2 Apr 1871; at Porthtowan Rd, Wheal Rose; head, aged 49; tin miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Thelia 53; children Mary A 23, Elizabeth 19, Catherine 17, Josiah 14, John 11; grandchildren John Henry 7, Mary Ann 3. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. St Agnes, 3 Apr 1881; at Short Cross; aged 63; head; tin miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Thelia 66; sons John 21, John Henry 16. Sources: 1881 census.
- CENSUS. Sandow; St Agnes 5 Apr 1891; at Short Cross; head, aged 72; tin miner; born Kenwyn; with wife Ophalia 77 and daughter Eliza J 46. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Died 5 Apr 1895 aged 74; gravestone 270 at Mount Hawke, St Agnes, with wife Ophelia; buried 7 Apr 1895, Short Cross cemetery; assumed registered 1895JUN Truro 5c/103, aged 74. Sources: MI/CFHS, GRO, REG/COPC.
- Comments: Assumed son of John 1794JN01 and Jemima 1800JE01 (survived to 1841); see also 1815JN02, 1815JN03.Gwennap, son of John, miner, and Jemima, from Kenwyn;. Sources: Marriage record, censuses, death registration, REG/COPC.
Updated Dec 2020