John Hering Stephens
- BIRTH. Aged 63 in 1881, son of Edward, mason; born around 1818; baptised 17 Dec 1817 at Helston, the son of Edward, Hellier, and Jane, from Helston. Sources: Marriage record, REG/COPC..
- MARR. married Grace Hosken around 1853; registered 1849DEC Helston 9/153. Sources: parents around 1853, together in 1871, GRO/FreeBMD.
- CENSUS. John; Helston 30 Mar 1851; Church Street; head, aged 32; Mason; born Helston; with wife Grace 34. Sources; 1851 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. John H; Helston 2 Apr 1871; Cross Street; head, aged 53; mason; born Helston; with wife Grace 54, children John H 18, Charles F 17, and sis-in-law Mary Roskilly 67. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page,
- CENSUS. John H; Helston 3 Apr 1881; Wendron Street; head, aged 63, wid; builder employing 6 men; born Helston; with sons John H 29, Charles F,26 and d-in-law Elizabeth E 26. Sources: 1881 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Aged 63, widower, builder, of Wendron St, Helston, son of Edward Stephens, deceased mason, married Sarah Sandoe 1807SA01; 26 Nov 1881 at Helston Register Office; registered 1881DEC Helston 5c/349. Sources: MC/MF.
- CENSUS. Helston 5 Apr 1891; Church Street; head, aged 73, retired mason; born Helston; with wife Sarah 83. Sources: 1891 census/FMP/page.
- PROB. Will of Sarah Stephens 1807SA01, signed 4 Jun 1890, probate 1893 at Helston; John Stephens inherits use of the estate for life. Sources: Will of 1807SA01.
- Comments: Son of Edward 1793ED01.
Updated: Jan 2022