- BIRTH. Aged 22 in 1839, son of William, miner; aged 23 in 1841; born around 1817-19; Baptised 21 Jul 1822 at Redruth, son of William, yeoman, and Mary, from Redruth. Sources: REG/COPC, marriage record, 1841 census, burial record.
- MARR. Aged 22, miner from Chacewater, son of William, miner; married Susannah Morcom [1818SU01]; 7 Oct 1839 at Kenwyn; witnesses T G Hicks and James Richards; assumed registered 1839DEC Truro 9/346. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO. Witnesses are 1778TH01 and 1814JM01. Children: William 1839WI02, James 1841JM01.
- CENSUS. Redruth 6 Jun 1841; at Sandows Row; aged 20; work engine, born in Cornwall; in father’s household. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Kenwyn, 6 Jun 1841; at Cregbrause; aged 22; copper miner, born in Cornwall; with Susan 25, William 2, James 1 month. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. James Sandoe; buried 21 Aug 1841 at Chacewater, died at Creagbraws, miner, aged 23; assumed registered 1841SEP Truro 9/183 or 9/182. Sources: REG/COPC, GRO. Died a week after son James, hence two registrations; assumed 1817JM01 from place, and child’s burial, wife widowed.
- Comments. Miner.
Last updated: Feb 2019