- BIRTH. Aged 47 in 1861, son of William J, born at Dover; born around 1814; baptised 3 Nov 1813 at St Mary’s, Dover, son of William, extra pilot, and Jane. Sources: 1861 census; REG/FMP/page.
- CENSUS. Dover 6 Jun 1841; at Lunekely Street; aged 25, Master RN.; with Sarah 50. Sources: 1841 census/FMP/page.
- MARR. Cinque Ports Pilot, from Deal, son of William John, Pilot, married Mary Love Kingsford [1825MY05] 3 November, 1849 at St Margarets, Canterbury; registered Canterbury 1849DEC 5/135. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD, REG/FMP/page, together in 1861. Children: Mary A 1851MY02, Louisa K 1852LO01, George W 1855GE02, Clara E 1857CA01, Harriett E 1860ED02.
- CENSUS. Deal; 7 Apr 1861; at 12 Union Row; head, married, aged 47, Cinque Ports Pilot, born at Dover; with wife Mary L 36, children Mary A 10, Louise K 8, George W 6, Clara E 4, Harriett E 1; Mary Amos 14, father William J Mowll 74, mother-in-law Mary Kingsford 73. Sources: 1861 census/AncestryCom/page.
- CENSUS. Birkenhead, 7 Apr 1861; HMS Conway; wid, aged 47; Master RN, chief officer; born Deal, Kent. Sources: 1861 census/FMP/page
- CENSUS. Birkenhead; 2 Apr 1871; Commander RNavy, aged 57, born Deal; with wife Eliza 47. Sources: 1871 census/FMP/page.
- DEATH. Registered Dover 1877MAR 2a/558, aged 60. Sources: GRO/FreeBMD.
- Comments. Son of William J 1787WI05 and Jane 1788JA01. Pilot in 1861.
Updated: Mar 2023